1. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays Ltd is an agent for the owner of each property and accepts bookings and maintains properties accordingly.
2. Booking is deemed confirmed once the booking form and deposit has been received by Aine.
3. The DEPOSIT required to secure the Booking is 15% of the total booking cost.
Our CANCELLATION POLICY is the following:
a.The deposit of 15% is non-refundable.
b.50-70 days before the arrival date 40% of the total payment is refundable.
c.49-28 days before the arrival date 30% of the total payment is refundable.
d.16-27 days before the arrival date 20% of the total payment is refundable.
e.0-15 days before the arrival date 0% is refundable.
4. Following the payment of your deposit, the FINAL PAYMENT of the balance due to us must be received 10 weeks prior to your arrival date otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the accommodation. Any additions to your booking such as taxis, or a deluxe hamper etc. after the final balance has been paid will result in an administrative surcharge of 25 euros.
5. A returnable damages deposit of 250.00 euros will be taken upon FINAL PAYMENT This deposit will be returned to you within 10 days of your departure from Crete[less any bank fees] if there has been no damage to the accommodation. Whilst we understand that small breakages do occur, you are responsible for the cost of any breakages/damage and we would appreciate it if you could inform us immediately so that we can work it out amicably in resort.
6. We accept payments by Bank Transfer, via www.transferwise.com, or Personal Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) and your card details should be sent to us by either e-mail or fax, once you have received the final invoice 10 weeks prior to your arrival date. We cannot accept payments with a debit card or a business credit card but Transferwise do.
7. Details on the Confirmation of booking and/or the Final Balance Paid should be checked and if there are any inaccuracies you must notify us immediately.
8. Prices. We reserve the right to alter the prices on our website at any time. The price you have contracted to pay is fixed in accordance with your confirmation of booking.
9. You must satisfy yourself that you have taken out sufficient HOLIDAY INSURANCE COVER. Your Insurance is to cover both yourself and other members in your Party against Flight Delays, Luggage Loss, Illness and, equally important, any cancellation of the Villa Booking.
10. It is always recommended that Clients book Car Hire as without transport, you will miss many of the spectacular Beaches/Mountains/Villages etc. which are in this part of Crete. Some vehicles such as people carriers and jeeps are in limited supply so it is very important to book early.
11. TAXI OR MINI BUS AIRPORT TRANSPORT can be arranged for you prior to your arrival Each Greek Taxi is licensed to carry up to 4 passengers plus luggage allowance.
12. If you require a WELCOME PACK (Standard) the cost is €30 and is payable at the time of your booking. The Welcome Pack will be put into your Villa/Apartment on the day of your arrival. For an additional €35.00 you may reserve the DELUXE HAMPER, which will contain additional items such as Wine/Eggs/Salad Items/ Cereal/ and other useful items to get your holiday off to a good start.
13. Villas are normally ready for occupation on the day of arrival at 15.00 hours. Check out time is 10 am on the day of departure. In some cases, for a fee of 10.00 Euros per hour (up to a maximum of 50.00 Euros – even if the stay is over 5 hours) we will do our best to allow you to stay on later at the Villa if there are no other Guests due to arrive. This can be arranged by us via your house/villa manager during your stay if it is possible.
14. Additional Guests. Only the people named on your booking form may stay in the villa, and the number of guests cannot exceed that which the villa is licensed for. If you would like an additional guest to stay in the villa, please ask as soon you can. We will agree to this where possible, but an extra charge may need to be made. We can supply a fold-out bed for the rental price of 10.00 euros per week - but please reserve one in advance (on this booking form).
15. Maid Service /Linen and Towels. Each villa has its own information for this information. In general the villas are cleaned once a week, with a once weekly linen change and change of towels. All of the villas have washing machines if you need extra laundry. We supply sheets, 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel per person - please check the individual villa descriptions. The maids will do a mid-stay general clean and tidy up but they do not have the time to do washing up, and are not required to do so.
16. Villa Inventory and Standards. Whilst we endeavor to have very high standards in all of our villas, please note that occasionally Greek furnishings and equipment are not always quite as modern and up to date as those in many Western European homes, this particularly applies to some of the charming older renovated homes. Some of the newer villas may have a smaller kitchen inventory than the well established villas.
17. Babies. If you are going to be bringing an infant on holiday, we can supply a travel cot. Please request this in space provided on the booking form, as we may not be able to provide a cot if it is done too late, or upon arrival in resort. We can also supply a highchair. Please note that we do not supply linen for the cot other than a standard sheet. If advance notice is given, we can usually put you in touch with a reliable independent babysitter. Disposable nappies and baby food are available on Crete, as are many baby equipment stores including “Mothercare”.
18. Air Conditioning. The majority of our villas and apartments have air-conditioning in the bedrooms and some also have it in the living room. The air-conditioning is included in the rental price but we do ask that you respect both the environment and the villa owners by only using the A/C when necessary.
19. Internet Access. Most villas and apartments now have WIFI Internet. Please check on booking for individual villas.Free WIFI internet access is also available at many local cafes.
20. Standard terrestrial Greek TV channels are in Greek, but from lunchtime at the weekends, and every night from approximately 9.00pm, there are often programs and films from the U.K. or America that are in English with Greek subtitles. When Satellite TV is available at villas (as listed in the Amenities section of each villa description on our website) it usually features "Freeview" channels available from either Arab Sat or Nile Sat. These channels include Sky News, BBC World News, CNN, and a good variety of channels which feature American movies and TV series. Very occasionally the Satellite TV is supplied by a Greek supplier which only has 2 or 3 channels inEnglish which are usually CNN, Bloomberg News, and/or BBC World News. We will be happy to advise you which TV system your villa has installed. Standard channels from the UK or Northern European countries are not available at the villas.
21. Representative Services. We have a local representative who lives locally on Crete and has a vast knowledge of the island. They will be able to give you information to many of the hidden sites, walking trails, and best tavernas that only a local would know about, as well as general information about the popular sites. They will also be able to answer any questions that you might have and help you if the need arises due to unforeseen circumstances such as a medical emergency.
22. Electricity and Water / Power or Water Cuts. The voltage is the same as in the UK at 220 volts A.C. If coming from the UK you will need a 2-pin continental adaptor. Generally the electricity service on Crete is excellent but during the long hot summer months when everyone wants to have their air conditioning units on all the time, the generating station cannot always cope. Therefore, particularly during hot weather we ask for your co-operation in conserving electricity when possible. Rolling power cuts will be occasionally made throughout Greece if the electricity company cannot cope with the demand. The water on Crete is safe to drink almost everywhere. The chemical content may be slightly different to that of your home country, therefore some people may prefer to buy bottled water. As with the electricity supply to the area, occasional water cuts may be experienced, particularly during high season. These cuts usually only last for short periods of time and are beyond our control so we ask for your understanding if this happens (though the vast majority of our guests do not experience any disruption in their power or water supply).
a. Changes by us. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) try to avoid making changes to your confirmed booking but very occasionally (due to unforeseen circumstances) we may have to do so. We reserve the right to do so but only if absolutely necessary. If we have to make a change to your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and we will endeavor to offer you an alternative accommodate of equal comfort, or offer you a full refund.
b. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) promise to provide your accommodation with all reasonable care. We do not accept responsibility if death, injury, failure or deficiency arises through no fault of ours.
c. We (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any reduction in service, due to factors beyond our control including disasters of any kind, adverse weather conditions, fire, war, or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, and all other events outside our control.
d. Building Work. Whilst we do not include any properties in our portfolio that are at the outset in the vicinity of building work, we cannot be held responsible for building work that commences subsequent to the inclusion of a property in our portfolio. Building work can start at any time on Crete without prior notification.
e. We (Aine Cretan Villas Holidays) cannot accept liability, nor be responsible for injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects during your vacation however caused.
YOUR (THE GUESTS) RESPONSIBILITIES:
By returning the booking document and paying a deposit to us, the person making the booking accepts our terms and conditions on behalf of all party members.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, the guest must notify (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) immediately so that we can endeavor to rectify the problem. Nearly all complaints can be settled at the time. We cannot deal with your complaint if you leave things until you return home and do not report them when in resort.
THE VILLA AND/OR APARTMENT.
a. The villa/apartment is used entirely at the guests own risk.
b. It is your responsibility to take good care of the property and its grounds and to avoid causing nuisance to others. The property and grounds should be left in a clean and tidy state on your departure. We reserve the right to deduct costs from any security deposit to cover any damage, loss or extra cleaning charges over and above a standard end of let clean.
c. Observe all Laws and Abide by all Rules. The Guest, his group and his visitors shall comply with and abide by all existing and reasonable future rules and regulations governing the use and occupancy of the villa/apartment and any common areas in connection with them. The Guest and his/her group hereby expressly acknowledge that failure to abide by any rules and regulations pertaining to the villa or its common areas or failure to observe any State or Local Law or Ordinance may be grounds for immediate expedited eviction with no refund of rents.
d. As a condition of the use of this villa/apartment and pool, the guests and their visitors specifically waive any claim whatsoever against us (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) and/or the Villa/Apartment Owners for any accident or claims arising from the use of the pool or villa.
e. Children must be supervised at all times when using the balconies.
f. The barbeque may only be used by adults, and with great care at all times.
g. The indoor furniture is not to be moved from the room where it belongs without express permission. It is not to be used outside.
SWIMMING POOL (if applicable).
a. The pool is used entirely at the guests own risk. Swimming pools at villas or apartments are unattended at all times (excepting for cleaning and maintenance visits).
b. In accordance with the owners insurance requirements, I confirm that we have agreed that we do not require a lifeguard to be present at any time day or night during the period of the tenancy.
c. As a condition of the use of this villa/apartment and pool, the guests and their visitors specifically waive any claim whatsoever against us (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) and /or the Villa Owners for any accident or claims arising from the use of the pool or villa.
d. Minors (children under 16 years of age) and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a competent adult at all time when using or playing in the vicinity of the pool. It is a Greek Law requirement that children are supervised by an adult in the pool or on the surrounding areas at all times.
e. Persons however capable must only use the pool when at least one other adult is present.
f. Persons with pre-existing medical conditions which may compromise their safe use of the pool must not use it.
g. No diving is allowed.
h. Persons using the pool must ensure that they are familiar with the pool depths as shown along the pool-side and the location of the life ring.
i. Under no circumstances must any glassware or breakable items be taken out into the pool area.
j. No running or rough play is allowed in the pool or pool area.
k. No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs (legal or otherwise) may use the pool.
l. Persons must not open or enter either the pool room or the water holding tank.
m. Children less than 3 years of age or swimmers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper/swim nappy.
By returning the booking form and deposit payment I (We) agree to the use the pool (if applicable) and villa and/or apartment subject to the above conditions and will not hold (Aine Cretan Villa Holidays) or the Villa Owners, or their representatives in anyway responsible should any claim arise as my (our) failure to comply with these conditions. I (we) hereby voluntarily accept all risk of personal injury, death and property damage (including personal property) to myself (ourselves), our family or anyone on the Premises with our permission, which injury or damage results from our use of the Premises. Furthermore, I (we) agree that I (we) will not make a claim against or sue Aine Cretan Villa Holidays, or employees, family, or related entities, for any bodily injury, death, or property damage.
Your use of this website is a declaration that you have read this statement of the terms and conditions of http://www.rentvillacrete.com
While Aine Cretan Villa Holidays maintains copyright protection in all materials, information and publications (collectively, "Web site information") it places on this web site, Aine Cretan Villa Holidays consents to normal downloading, copying and distribution of the information for non-commercial purposes by you or within your organization only. In consideration of this consent, you agree that copies of the web site information will retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and that you will not modify the web site information in any way. Except where your use constitutes "fair use" under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, or distribute any web site information, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays .
As a condition of your use of this web site, you will not use the web site or the web site information for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions. You will not use this web site in any manner that could damage, disable, overload or impair the operation of this web site or use by third parties.
You may link to the Aine Cretan Villa Holidays home page, but are not authorized to link to any other page on the Aine Cretan Villa Holidays web site without the prior express written consent of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays provided that Aine Cretan Villa Holidays reserves the right to withdraw this consent at any time in its discretion. You may not use any of Aine Cretan Villa Holidays proprietary logos, marks, or other distinctive graphics, video, or audio material in your links. You may not link in any manner reasonably likely to 1) imply affiliation with or endorsement or sponsorship by Aine Cretan Villa Holidays ; 2) cause confusion, mistake, or deception; 3) dilute Aine Cretan Villa Holidays trademarks, service marks or trade names; or 4) otherwise violate applicable law.
Web site information may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your Aine Cretan Villa Holidays representative for information about the products, programs and services that may be available to you.
Aine Cretan Villa Holidays recognizes that users may have concerns about privacy issues as they navigate the Internet. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays is committed to providing users with a safe, secure environment in which to secure information. Aine Cretan Villa Holidays will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information you provide remains private, and is used only for the purposes stated below.
For the purpose of this policy Aine Cretan Villa Holidays and the web domain rentvillacrete.com will be abbreviated to ACVH.
1. Collected Information
You may visit our site anonymously although cookies are used to identify your session.
2. Contact form data
If you choose to use the enquiry form on our website, basic contact details are collected such as the email and name of the contact person
3. Account data
When you register for an account, we collect and store your e-mail address.
4. Membership data
In order to issue an invoice for paid services, we also need to collect additional contact details about you or your business, such as full name, email, contact address, business name and business activity. We do not collect or store your credit card information. See terms and conditions for payment details.
5. What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To answer your enquiry;
- To contact you regarding our services;
- To identify you as a contracting party;
- To enable secure login for you in ACVH;
- To enable automated subscription handling;
- To provide you with automatically generated information on the End User clicks on the Pop-up buttons.
6. EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The processing of your data is either based on your consent or in case the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, cf. GDPR art. 6(1)(a)-(b).
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
ACVH is in compliance with the requirements of GDPR 2018. We will not intentionally collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website and services are directed at people who are at least 13 years old or older.
8. How do we protect your information?
ACVH does not store any personal identifiable information about you online or using cloud storage unless those organizations comply with GDPR. DigitalOcean, LLC and Amazon Web Services, Inc. are two such organizations.
All data is protected by password access. We do not request or keep financial information such as your bank account details. All personnel and subcontractors are required to sign a confidentiality agreement if full confidentiality is not part of the main agreement between the parties.
ACVH will keep you informed about changes to the processes to protect data privacy and security, including practices and policies. You may at any time request information on where and how data is stored, secured and used.
ACVH uses different internal and external monitoring tools to ensure high system performance and availability.
12. Personal Data breach notification
In the event that your data is compromised, ACVH will notify you and the ICO within 72 hours by email with information about the extent of the breach, affected data, any impact on the website and our action plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on the data subjects.
"Personal Data Breach" means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed in connection with the provision of the service.
ACVH may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. This cookie does not collect information that personally identifies you as an individual (other than your Internet protocol address), but merely allows us to recognize your repeated visits to ACVH. We use our cookie collected information to make your visit more enjoyable. Cookies are also used to remember your session and keep you logged into your account. If you want to disable cookies, there is a simple procedure in most Internet browsers that allows you to turn off or delete cookies, but please remember that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of the website https://rentvillacrete.com.
14. Measuring Website Usage
Google Analytics is in use to collect information about how visitors use this site. This provides us with important information that can enable the site to work better. We do not link this information to your name or address.
15. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
ACVH does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties or subcontractors who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. Such trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and will be contractually obliged to keep your information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
16. Legally required disclosure
ACVH will not disclose the customer’s data to law enforcement except when instructed by you or where it is required by law. When governments make a lawful demand for customer data from ACVH, we strive to limit the disclosure. ACVH will only release specific data mandated by the relevant legal demand.
If compelled to disclose your data, ACVH will promptly notify you and provide a copy of the demand unless legally prohibited from doing so.
17. Third party services
You may access other third-party services through the website, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the website. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
18. Where do we store the information?
No stored data will be transferred, backed up and/or recovered by ACVH outside of the European Union. ACVH also requires its subcontractors and subprocessors to either store data in the European Union, or to adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
19. Personal data location
Krystal Hosting Services.
Tel: +44 020 8050 1337 Monday–Friday 9am – 8pm
You may at any time obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data about you.
20. Restriction of processing personal data
You may at any time request ACVH to restrict the processing of personal data when one of the following applies:
- if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling the administrators of ACVH to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead; or
- if ACVH no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You may without undue delay request the erasure of personal data concerning you, and the ACVH shall erase the personal data without undue delay when one of the following applies:
- if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- if the personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- if the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in EU or national law.
You can also remove your account data yourself on Account Page. If you have any Membership data associated with your account, it will not be removed automatically when deleting Account data by you.
22. Data retention policy
Membership data will due to tax regulations be retained for up to seven fiscal years from your cancellation of your ACVH account.
End User Data and Account data will be erased immediately when you cancel your ACVH account.
23. Data retention for compliance with legal requirements
You cannot require ACVH to change any of the default retention periods, except for the reasons linked to compliance with specific laws and regulations.
24. Your consent
You may at any time lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding ACVH‘s collection and processing of your personal data with State Data Protection Inspectorate https://www.ada.lt
Latest update 14/11/2018